PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS - THE LIGHTNING THEIF




Percy Jackson, what can I really say. This book is one of my personal favs. I am a fan of mythology and this book hits the spot. I'm going to right out put this book into a five star rating. You can definitely tell Rick Riordan did his homework. He integrated Greek mythology very well into the story. The characters were so well developed and went well with the book. I liked Percy, Grover and Anabeth's personallities. However, the author did go a little overboard on how much Grover was a scaredy cat. Mind my choice in words please. The thesaurus is in the other room and my chair is so comfortable. I was impressed and enjoyed this read. However, obviously this is quite a light read. So if your looking for something more "adultish" this would not be your style. But if your into fantasy then this is a book that you should pick up. It was fast paced in my opinion. I did not get bored reading this. In fact I was excited to know what was going to happen next with every turn of the page. The cover did seem a little simple and gave more of a childish feeling to the book. But the story followed through with action and adventure that made it easy to follow and fun to read. Personally, five stars to this book

Comments

Popular Posts