LEGEND - MARIE LU


Legend is the first in a three book series written by the author Marie Lu. Now I heard about this book from my wife who is an extreme book nerd herself. She had some positive things to say about it, so I figured why not. I'm always looking for a good book to read. I would like to start off by saying I really like the cover. It's flashy and almost mysterious. Also, the feel of the cover with its raised lettering and symbol is an interesting addition to a cover, and quit creative I do have to say. Anyhow obviously I was attracted to this book when I heard it was a dystopian. Not going to lie, I am huge into dystopians. I mean, who doesn't wonder what could happen I the future.
     This book had two great main characters, that the book switched view points between every chapter. At the end of every chapter, it made you want to read more, to see the other side of the story. It was almost like reading two books. The main character Day, a street wise kid that rebelled against the republic and June which was on the republics side. Considering each other enemies at the start, but eventually coming together for mutual cause. Both characters had strong personalities, even June was a very strong female character. That I think made the story even more interesting. I am not one for love stories, but this was one that seemed to be more appealing. A lot of action, and a lot of progression in the story. I was really impressed with the way Marie Lu put the characters together and explained their reasoning for their positions in the book. A good read as far as I'm concerned. I definitely have to say a five star book that made me wanting more in the end. Would I recommend this read? Definitely if your into dystopians and are not looking for a mushy romance story. If your want a book that makes you keep wondering what is going to happen in the next chapter, then this is something I would suggest for you. I enjoyed it all around and am happy to have it as part of my book shelf collection.

Comments

Popular Posts