Graceling - Kristin Cashore





Graceling by Kristin Cashore. This was a book that I enjoyed thoroughly. It has a strong female lead "Katsa" who is used by the king to do his dirty work. She has the ability to kill or hurt people easily by using her grace. I'm not going to ruin the story by putting spoilers in my blogs. I more or less like to tell my opinion so as to give good insite into wether or not I believe books are worth reading. This book is definitely a book that I would give a good review on. I read this book back in May of 2015. Ya it has been a little while. But I can tell you this book has a great story line and a great main character. I have noticed a lot of books coming out with strong female characters lately. Of course there is no problem with this at all, in fact I enjoy reading books that do so.
Anyway, continuing on with my review on this book. She is forced to do the bidding of a corrupt king, to punish anyone who stands in his way. There is a love interest in this story that has a catch to it, and the this book leads its way into the series quite nicely.
I of course gave this book a five star rating in good reads. I am looking forward to reading the next in this series. However, not have purchased it as of yet. Would I recommend this book as a read, yes but be sure you have the time. This did not seem as a light read to me. With all the names of the kingdoms and a plot that must be followed carefully so as to understand what is going on. Oh and the cover, beautiful. A real eye catcher when you first pick up this book.

Comments

Popular Posts